Sponsored by Penguin Teen
Fitz Holton waits in fear for the day his mother’s early-onset Alzheimer’s starts stealing her memory. He’s vowed to stay close to home to care for her-never mind the ridiculous college tour she’s forcing him on. Juniper Ramirez is counting down the days until she can leave home. She plans her own college tour with one goal: get out.
When Fitz and Juniper cross paths they glimpse alternate possibilities regarding the first big decision of their adult lives. Time of Our Lives is a story of home and away, of the wonder and weight of memory, of outgrowing fears and growing into the future.
Hey YA Readers!
Once again, light on YA news. But that doesn’t mean there’s zero news to share. Catch up on the latest, as well as the latest in YA releases and YA talk on Book Riot this week.
YA Book News
- Beware That Girl will be hitting the new streaming service Quibi.
- It’s National Library Week, so the most challenged books of the past year have been shared. Of course, lots of YA. Of course, most of it either queer or by/about people of color.
- This year’s Bram Stoker award winner in YA is . . .
- And this year’s LA Times Book Prize winner in YA, along with the story of the book’s inspiration.
- Artemis Fowl might be a middle grade read, but many YA readers love it, too. Here is when you can catch it streaming on Disney+.
- Dhonielle Clayton is such a gem of YA. She’s just launched what sounds like an incredible book club focused on Black girls and magic.
- Super into this upcoming series of classics reimagined by so many awesome YA authors.
- Over on School Library Journal, I got to write about recent writing guides for tweens and teens, including books by Angie Thomas and Elizabeth Acevedo.
YA New Releases
Here’s what hit shelves this week. A * means I’ve read it and recommend it!
*All We Could Have Been by TE Carter (paperback)
The Deck of Omens by Christine Lynn Herman (series)
The Easy Part of Impossible by Sarah Tomp
In Search of Us by Ava Dellaira (paperback)
*Kent State by Deborah Wiles
Late To The Party by Kelly Quindlen
No One Here Is Lonely by Sarah Everett (paperback)
On A Scale of 1 to 10 by Ceylan Scott
An Outcast and an Ally by Caitlin Lochner (series)
*The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson (paperback)
The Silence of Bones by June Hur
Time of Our Lives by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
Unscripted by Nicole Kronzer
This Week at Book Riot
- 2020 YA book titles that will get stuck in your head.
- The best medieval YA books.
- Love the fake dating romance trope? These YA books will make your heart very happy.
- Get to know Ms. Marvel.
- Take this quiz and discover which Harry Potter professor you are.
- And last, but not least, YA audiobooks performed by actors.
Thanks for hanging out, and we’ll see you again on Monday!