Hey YA fans: Let’s catch up with book talk!
“What’s Up in YA?” is sponsored by Vesuvian Books.
Beau Devereaux is the only child of a powerful family. Handsome. Charming. Intelligent. The “prince” of St. Benedict is the ultimate catch. He is also a psychopath. A dirty family secret buried for years, Beau’s evil grows unchecked. In the shadows of the ruined St. Francis Abbey, he commits unspeakable acts. Senior year, Beau sets his sights on his girlfriend’s twin sister, Leslie. Everything he wants but cannot have, she will be his ultimate prize. As the victim toll mounts, it becomes clear someone must stop Beau Devereaux. And that someone will pay with their life.
Grab your favorite beverage and settle in for some great reading about reading. You’ll want your TBR handy, too, since chances are, you’ll be adding to it.
- 45 YA titles hitting paperback this fall.
- Your ultimate guide to YA book-to-movie adaptations.
- So you adored To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before and need another great YA rom com to read? Take the quiz and find your perfect next title.
- Then laugh your way through these To All The Boys tweets.
- And then add these books to your TBR if you cannot get enough of books like Han’s.
- Want a moody, atmospheric mystery? Try one set in Vermont.
- If you’re not following these YA authors on Instagram, maybe you should.
- Curious about Nova Ren Suma’s books but don’t know where to begin? Here’s a reading pathway!
- Like your YA in audiobook form? Here are some 2018 YA audiobooks you won’t want to miss.
- Youth and YA books that take on bullying.
- It’s been (a little over) a year since the time a YA author paid her way onto the New York Times Bestseller list. Here’s a recap of the scandal and where we are a year later.
- Are these books on your September YA to-read list?
- YA novels which compassionately tackle grief.
- On relating to Darius The Great Is Not Okay.
- YA books about social anxiety.
- Stock up on your Baby-Sitters Club merch.
- When Judy Blume talked about a new adaptation of her books, many were thrilled. But many also said it would be her first. It’s…not!
- Excellent quotes from The Hate U Give.
- Celebrating Alanna the Lioness on the book’s 35th anniversary.
- How many of these YA books that have faced challenges from potential censors have you read?
- Dig into some dark fairytales for YA readers.
- 21 more YA books for your fall TBR.
- An interview with YA author Katherine Webber on her latest book, Only Love Can Break Your Heart.
Blast From The Past
It’s weird to be writing a newsletter a week in advance of being out of the office for a week, so it felt appropriate to round up some older YA posts from Book Riot (…right?). Here’s what we’ve been talking about in Septembers past.
- 40 of your favorite YA fantasy books.
- Pair up some great YA books with great teas.
- The glaring lack of female reproductive issues in YA literature and why we need more teens struggling with endometriosis and PCOS.
- Interracial couples in the YA world.
- 100 must-read historical YA books.
- Can you match the tag lines of these popular YA books with the book? Try your hand!
- Geek out with these geeky YA books.
- Why we need new music in YA.
- Not the first and not the last time gender in YA has been talked about.
These prices are current as of Wednesday, September 26. 🤞🏻
American Street by Ibi Zoboi, a wonderful read about immigrants, is $2.
Veronica Roth’s Carve the Mark is $2.
Grab Heidi Heilig’s The Girl From Everywhere for $2.
If you’d like to pick up a Benjamin Alire Saenz title, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is $3.
Anna Godbersen’s deliciously juicy The Luxe is $1.
Want a f/f romance read? Sara Farizan’s Tell Me Again How A Crush Should Feel is $2.
Sports fans, pick up Carl Deuker’s Gutless for $3.
Have you read The Book Thief? If you haven’t and want to, grab it for $3.
Want a historical mystery to fall into? You’ll want to try William Ritter’s Jackaby, which you can snag for $2.
Tiffany Schmidt’s A Date With Darcy — an adorable, nerdtastic read — is $3.
Thanks for hanging out and we’ll see you again Monday!