Today In Books

Activist Opens Bookstore and Writing Center: Today In Books

Activist Opens Bookstore & Writing Center

Rachel Cargle–writer, academic, activist–has now added bookstore and writing center owner to her résumé. Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre is currently an online store with a physical bookstore opening to come in Akron, Ohio, once safe following the pandemic. “A percentage of all the shop’s proceeds will benefit The Loveland Foundation, which Cargle founded in 2018 to provide therapy, mental health support, and healing resources for Black women and girls.”

Official Teaser For Lovecraft Country

The upcoming HBO series Lovecraft Country, based on the same titled novel by Matt Ruff, has a new official teaser! Created by Misha Green, with Jordan Peele as one of the executive producers, we can’t wait for August to watch this horror fantasy show.

Pandemic Fundraiser For Inclusive UK Publishers

A fundraiser to help Knights Of and Jacaranda, two independent and inclusive UK publishers, survive through the pandemic had a good week: They raised more than £100,000 last week, with 80% of the money raised going to them, and the remaining 20% to other UK indie presses.