Happy Friday and welcome to March, fellow nonfiction readers! I cannot even begin to tell you how glad I am to turn the page to a new month and leave February in the dust.
Just for Book Riot readers: sign up for an Audible account, and get two audiobooks free!
Over at Book Riot, I finally got to publish my contribution to Book Riot’s 2019 Read Harder Challenge, a post of my best recommendations for a business book (task 17). The post was a lot of fun to write, and includes several of my favorites including Bad Blood by John Carreyrou and The Great Beanie Baby Bubble by Zac Bissionnette.
Happily, that’s just one of the many great nonfiction posts over at Book Riot, which made me think it’s a perfect time to round up some of my favorites from the last month or so. Let’s go!
First up, a couple of excellent posts about essays:
- 8 Women Essayists You Should Be Reading Right Now
- 21 Great Essay Collections from 2019 to Add to Your TBR
There were also three 50 must-read lists about nonfiction:
- 50 Must-Read Baking Books
- 50 Must-Read YA Nonfiction Books (Plus 11 More!)
- 50 Must-Read Nonfiction Books for Kids
And a bunch of posts about current events, to help make better sense of the world:
- DTF: Books About Contraception, Sex Ed, and Reproductive Justice
- 7 Transgender History Books for LCBTQIA+ History Month and Beyond
- All the Books About Trump’s Presidency… So Far
And finally, some general book lists on creativity, money, habits, and beer:
- 6 of the Best Books on Creativity to Inspire Your Art
- 11 of the Best Budgeting Books to Calm Your Money Woes
- 16 of the Best Books on Emotional Intelligence for the Mind and Body
- 15 of the Best Books on Habits and Their Life-Changing Effects
- Tapping into Beer History with Books and Beer